[ovirt-users] [QE][ACTION REQUIRED] oVirt 3.5.0 RC status
sbonazzo at redhat.com
Wed Aug 6 04:40:14 EDT 2014
since we had still one blocker on oVirt 3.5.0 RC1 release, we'll need a second RC build.
Suggested date is Mon 2014-08-11.
- Please be sure that 3.5 snapshot allow to create VMs before *2014-08-10 15:00 UTC*
- Please be sure that no pending patches are going to block the release before *2014-08-10 15:00 UTC*
- If any patch must block the RC release please raise the issue as soon as possible.
The bug tracker  shows the following proposed blockers to be reviewed:
Bug ID Whiteboard Status Summary
1124099 storage POST Live Merge: Limit merge operations based on hosts' capabilities
1126800 virt POST Adding hosts to oVirt results in error message
Feature freeze is now effective, and branch has been created.
All new patches must be backported to 3.5 branch too.
Features completed are marked in green on Features Status Table 
There are still 412 bugs  targeted to 3.5.0.
Excluding node and documentation bugs we still have 364 bugs  targeted to 3.5.0.
We still have issues also with package building and dependencies:
https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/242 - vdsm_3.5_create-rpms_merged broken on EL7 slave
package: ovirt-optimizer-0.2-2.el6.noarch from check-custom-el6
protobuf-java >= 0:2.5
package: ovirt-optimizer-jetty-0.2-2.el6.noarch from check-custom-el6
jetty >= 0:9
Maintainers / Assignee:
- Please check ensure that completed features are marked in green on Features Status Table 
- Please remember to rebuild your packages before *2014-08-10 15:00* if needed, otherwise nightly snapshot will be taken.
- If you find a blocker bug please remember to add it to the tracker 
- Please fill release notes, the page has been created here 
- Please review and add test cases to oVirt 3.5 Third Test Day 
- Please update the target to 3.5.1 or later for bugs that won't be in 3.5.0:
it will ease gathering the blocking bugs for next releases.
- save the date for third test day scheduled on 2014-08-12!
- You're welcome to join us testing next beta release and getting involved in oVirt Quality Assurance
Better technology. Faster innovation. Powered by community collaboration.
See how it works at redhat.com
More information about the Users