[ovirt-users] puppet dependency conflict catch-22

Jorick Astrego j.astrego at netbulae.eu
Tue Aug 12 10:59:10 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have deployed my Centos 7 ovirt node through puppet, but now I have a
conflicting puppet between ovirt 3.5 epel and puppetlabs repo:

    ---> Package puppet.noarch 0:3.6.2-2.el7 will be an update
    --> Processing Dependency: rubygem(rgen) for package:
    puppet-3.6.2-2.el7.noarch
    --> Finished Dependency Resolution
    Error: Package: puppet-3.6.2-2.el7.noarch (ovirt-3.5-epel)
                Requires: rubygem(rgen)
      You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
      You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

I already have puppet 3.6.2 deployed through puppetlabs repo, but in the
ovirt 3.5 epel it's listed in the includepkgs

    [ovirt-3.5-epel]
    name=Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7 - $basearch
    #baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/beta/7/$basearch
    #baseurl=http://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/fedora-epel/beta/7/x86_64
    mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=epel-7&arch=$basearch
    failovermethod=priority
    enabled=1
    includepkgs=epel-release,puppet,python-uinput,python-lockfile,python-cpopen,python-ordereddict,python-pthreading,python-inotify,python-argparse,novnc,python-ply,python-kitchen,python-daemon,python-websockify,livecd-tools,spice-html5,mom,python-IPy,python-ioprocess,python-paramiko

How do you guys think it's the easiest to do an automatic deployment?
Puppet is not available in the base repo and only in EPEL or puppetlabs
repo. But if I install either one, I get a dependency conflict after
installing ovirt-release-11.0.2-1.noarch and my puppet agent won't finish.

Kind regards,

Jorick Astrego
Netbulae