[ovirt-users] Proper way to change and persist vdsm configuration options

Trey Dockendorf treydock at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 16:15:56 UTC 2014

I likely won't automate this yet, as a lot of what's coming in 3.5
seems to obsolete many things I was doing previously via Puppet.  In
particular the Foreman integration and the ability to add custom
iptables rules to engine-config.  Previous posts on the list made is
seem like modifying "IPTables" could potentially make upgrades less
reliable.

Created a gist of a working series of commands based on Alon's example
using the Host Deploy Protocol [1].

https://gist.github.com/treydock/570a776b5c160bca7c9c

Curious , where is the public key used by the ovirt-engine stored?
The one that is available using command=get-ssh-trust.  Is there a way
to query it from the engine?  I'm thinking if it would be possible to
create a custom Facter face that stores the value of that public key
so easier to re-use and access for deployment.

Thanks,
- Trey

[1] - http://www.ovirt.org/Features/HostDeployProtocol