[ovirt-users] Real time network usages and IO usages of VM

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Fri Aug 29 08:11:59 UTC 2014

On 08/29/2014 07:08 AM, Shanil S wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there any api methods to get the real time network usages and IO
> usages os of each vm ? I tried it by using api/vms/$id/statistics but
> its not getting the network and IO usages. Is it possible to get these
> details using the api calls ?
> --
> Regards
> Shanil

Did you try with vms/{vm:id}/nics/{nic:id}/statistics? Note that
currently we have the following statistics available there:

  data.current.rx Receive data rate
  data.current.tx Transmit data rate
  errors.total.rx Total transmit errors
  errors.total.tx Total transmit errors

I guess that this isn't what you are looking for, but we don't have
anything else at the moment.

For disk IO you should take a look at
vms/{vm:id}/disks/{disk:id}/statistics. The collection of statistics
available there is the following:

  data.current.read Read data rate
  data.current.write Write data rate
  disk.read.latency Read latency
  disk.write.latency Write latency
  disk.flush.latency Flush latency

Does this cover your needs? If it doesn't I'd suggest that you open a
RFE to request adding additional statistics. Meanwhile you will have to
use other mechanisms to find the statistics that you need.

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain