[ovirt-users] architecture of ovirt in case of using hosted-engine

Yue, Cong Cong_Yue at alliedtelesis.com
Thu Dec 18 12:02:36 EST 2014

I understand ovirt have ovirt engine and ovirt nodes. For ovirt engine, it can be hosted on the top of ovirt nodes as one VM.

I am using hosted-engine to try to do this.
When I try to deploy the second ovirt node.
I did
Hosted-engine -deploy

And is asks me when I want to create a VM where you have to install oVirt Engine afterwards. I am some confused whether this means another new engine VM will be created into the second ovirt nodes?

Also I met a problem for the second ovirt node deployment. In the event, it saids "Failed to connect to Host hosted_engine_2 to Storage domain data".
As for I met the same problem for /engine, and I just used nfs4 and it works. Is there some way I can redeploy it? Do I need do hosted-engine -destroy-VM?

Thanks,
Cong

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's e-mail System Administrator.