[ovirt-users] oVirt-shell command to move a disk

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Mon Dec 1 12:23:05 UTC 2014

On 12/01/2014 12:51 PM, Michael Pasternak wrote:
> not sure what sdk version 3.4.4 is, but according to log, latest
> official for 3.4 is 3.4.1.1-1
> (make you have it installed)

There are two issues here. First is that the "move" disk operation on
the top level collection isn't correctly documented in the RSDL
metadata. As a result the Python SDK and the CLI don't support this
operation. You can however use the same operation in the context of the VM:

  # action disk {disk:id} move --vm-identifier {vm:id}
--storage_domain-name={storagedomain:name}

Please open a bug requesting a fix for this.

The other issue is that the 3.4 version doesn't support specifying disks
by alias, only by id. This has been fixed in 3.5.

So, all in all, at the moment you will need a command like this:

  # action disk c6aab66a-b551-4cc5-8628-efe9622c0dce move
--vm-identifier myvm --storage_domain-name mysd

> On Monday, December 1, 2014 12:10 PM, Nicolas Ecarnot
> <nicolas at ecarnot.net> wrote:
>

> Le 01/12/2014 11:07, Michael Pasternak a écrit :
>> make sure you using latest sdk & cli, what is it btw? (run 'info' command)
>
> [oVirt shell (connected)]# info
>
> backend version: 3.4
> sdk version    : 3.4.4
> cli version    : 3.4.0.5
> python version : 2.6.6.final.0
>
> I think I run the version that is installed according to the global
> oVirt version ecosystem - quite the same packages versions around 3.4.4.
>

>> [oVirt shell (connected)]# action disk serv-fs-int1_Disk1 move
>> --storagedomain-name data-vm-adm8

>> UNKNOWN ERROR
>>                                                                get() got
>> an unexpected keyword argument 'name'