[ovirt-users] ovirt-guest-agent on windows : what Python env. needed?

Lev Veyde lveyde at redhat.com
Wed Dec 3 12:44:22 UTC 2014

Hi Nicolas,

If the agent is compiled with py2exe (and as you got .exe files it means it was compiled with py2exe) then the executables are self contained, and you don't need to install Python separately in each VM.

All you need is to download and install VC runtime, which you can download from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582

That should resolve the issue.

BTW, we have oVirt WGT (Windows Guest Tools) RPM, with ISO which contains the installer that will install the oVirt Guest Agent (including VC Runtime), as well as drivers etc. automatically for you.

Thanks in advance,
Lev Veyde.