[ovirt-users] Local storage with self-hosted mode

Jason Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Fri Dec 5 21:20:31 UTC 2014

Is there any way to use local storage with self-hosted mode for VMs other than the engine? The interface does not seem to allow it. I can hack in local storage on vdsm, but its not discovered/used by the engine (so i assume this is because it keeps its own metadata). I tried using a posix domain but there seems to be an expectation that the posix domain is accessible to all other hosts.

My use case is 2 physical servers with no shared storage options, and we need fast I/O since the VMs are used for CI, so local storage is the ideal setup.

-Jason