[ovirt-users] Info on changing IPA server hostname in oVirt

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Wed Dec 10 20:25:40 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

2014-12-10 19:03:16,554 ERROR [org.ovirt.engineextensions.aaa.ldap.AuthnExtension] (MSC service thread 1-1) [ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-ldap.authn::ldap1-authn] Cannot initialize LDAP framework, deferring initialization. Error: no such object

This is interesting I never saw this error, can I ask you to enable debug?

Edit:
/usr/share/ovirt-engine/services/ovirt-engine/ovirt-engine.xml.in

Add the following before the <root-logger> line:
       <logger category="org.ovirt.engineextensions.aaa.ldap">
         <level name="ALL"/>
       </logger>

Also in 3.5.0 you need to modify file-handler level to ALL instead of INFO
      <file-handler name="ENGINE" autoflush="true">
        <level name="ALL"/>

Then restart engine and we should see lots of messages within engine.log.

Thanks!
Alon