[ovirt-users] Unable to reinstall hosts after network removal.

Moti Asayag masayag at redhat.com
Sun Dec 28 09:31:43 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Did you use the setup networks dialog from the UI in order to remove those networks ?
Or have you removed those networks from the host directly (where you should used the:
1. virsh net-destroy 'the-network-name'
2. virsh net-undefine 'the-network-name'
)

can you report the output of 'virsh -r net-list'  ?

> Then after removing network from data center the hosts went to unusable.

What was the host's status prior to removing its networks ? Was it up ?

> Every time after reinstall the host claims that the network is not
> configured, but it s already removed from network tab in DC.

What is the missing network name ? Is it 'ovirtmgmt' ?

> Where from it gets the old configuration? the old interfaces also restored
> every time on the reinstalled hosts.

The hosts via vdsm reports their network configuration via the 'getCapabilities' verb
of vdsm. You can try running it on the host:

vdsClient -s 0 getVdsCaps

and examine the nics / neworks / bridges / vlans / bonds elements.

> Which DB table is in charge of dc-networks?

The retrieved information from vdsm is reported to 'vds_interace' table.
The dc networks are stored in 'networks' table and networks attached to
clusters are stored in network_cluster table.

I wouldn't recommend on deleting entries from the tables directly. There are
certain constraints which shouldn't be violated, i.e. the management network
'ovirtmgnt' is blocked for removal from the engine.