[ovirt-users] engine-iso-uploader unexpected behaviour

Steve Atkinson satkinson at telvue.com
Wed Dec 31 17:15:23 UTC 2014

When attempting use the engine-iso-uploader to drop ISOs in my iso storage
domain I get the following results.

Using engine-iso-uploader --iso-domain=[domain] upload [iso] does not work
because the engine does not have access to our storage network. So it
attempts to mount to an address that is not routable. I thought to resolve
this by adding an interfaces to the Hosted Engine, only to find that I
cannot modify the Engine's VM config from the GUI. I receive the
error: Cannot add Interface. This VM is not managed by the engine.
Actually, I get that error whenever I attempt to modify anything about the
engine. Maybe this is expected behavior? I can't find any bestpractices
regarding Hosted Engine administration.

Alternatively, using engine-iso-uploader --nfs-server=[path] upload [iso]
--verbose returns the following error:

ERROR: local variable 'domain_type' referenced before assignment
INFO: Use the -h option to see usage.
DEBUG: Configuration:
DEBUG: command: upload
DEBUG: Traceback (most recent call last):
DEBUG:   File "/usr/bin/engine-iso-uploader", line 1440, in <module>
DEBUG:     isoup = ISOUploader(conf)
DEBUG:   File "/usr/bin/engine-iso-uploader", line 455, in __init__
DEBUG:     self.upload_to_storage_domain()
DEBUG:   File "/usr/bin/engine-iso-uploader", line 1089, in
upload_to_storage_domain
DEBUG:     elif domain_type in ('localfs', ):
DEBUG: UnboundLocalError: local variable 'domain_type' referenced before
assignment

Engine is Self Hosted and is Version 3.5.0.1-1.el6.

Thanks!
-Steve