[ovirt-users] engine-iso-uploader unexpected behaviour (steve a)

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Wed Dec 31 21:59:57 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Sorry.

You wrote:
> Alternatively, using engine-iso-uploader --nfs-server=[path] upload [iso]
> --verbose returns the following error:
>
> ERROR: local variable 'domain_type' referenced before assignment
> INFO: Use the -h option to see usage.
> DEBUG: Configuration:
> DEBUG: command: upload
> DEBUG: Traceback (most recent call last):
> DEBUG: File "/usr/bin/engine-iso-uploader", line 1440, in <module>
> DEBUG: isoup = ISOUploader(conf)
> DEBUG: File "/usr/bin/engine-iso-uploader", line 455, in __init__
> DEBUG: self.upload_to_storage_domain()
> DEBUG: File "/usr/bin/engine-iso-uploader", line 1089, in
> upload_to_storage_domain
> DEBUG: elif domain_type in ('localfs', ):
> DEBUG: UnboundLocalError: local variable 'domain_type' referenced before
> assignment

That's indeed a bug. Now pushed a one-line fix [1]. If you can, please
try and it report. Thanks!

[1] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/36499

Feel free to also open a bz for inclusion in some version earlier than 3.6
(our current master branch).

> you are right though. probably not worth it since the best solution would
> be a gui implementation.

That's not what I meant - a gui is obviously more comfortable for casual
use, but for batch/scripting etc you want a command line tool. But
hopefully our implementation for the gui uploader will be first in the
rest api, then in the gui. The rest api will be useful also for scripting -
either directly or by reimplementing the current tool with it.

Thanks and best regards,
--
Didi