[Users] How to scratch previous versions reports and dwh installation?

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Feb 3 06:30:13 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

It is backported to 3.3:
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/23335
so should enter 3.3.3.

> [...]
>  Role name |                   Attributes                   | Member of
> -----------+------------------------------------------------+-----------
>  engine    | Create DB                                      | {}
>  postgres  | Superuser, Create role, Create DB, Replication | {}
>
> NOTE: it seems not necessary to purge the lines eventually addedd
> during previous setup into pg_hba.conf such as:
>
> host    ovirtenginereports engine_reports  0.0.0.0/0               md5
> host    ovirtenginereports engine_reports  ::0/0                   md5
> host    ovirt_engine_history engine_history  ::0/0                   trust
>

> 3) DWH packages install and setup
>
> yum install ovirt-engine-dwh
>
> [root at tekkaman ~]# ovirt-engine-dwh-setup
> Welcome to ovirt-engine-dwh setup utility
>

> This utility can configure a read only user for DB access. Would you
> like to do so? (yes|no): yes
> Error: user name cannot be empty
> Provide a username for read-only user : ovirt_ruser
> Provide a password for read-only user:
> Warning: Weak Password.
> Re-type password:
> Should postgresql be setup with secure connection? (yes|no): yes
> Creating DB...                                        [ DONE ]
> Creating read-only user...                            [ DONE ]
> Setting DB connectivity...                            [ DONE ]
> Starting ovirt-engine...                              [ DONE ]
> Starting oVirt-ETL...                                 [ DONE ]
> Successfully installed ovirt-engine-dwh.
>

> 4) Install reports packages, patch and setup
>
> yum install ovirt-engine-reports
>
> in file
> /usr/share/ovirt-engine-reports/ovirt-engine-reports-setup.py
> line 1163 change
> if preserveReportsJobs: --> if preserveReports:
>
> [root at tekkaman ~]# ovirt-engine-reports-setup
> Welcome to ovirt-engine-reports setup utility
> In order to proceed the installer must stop the ovirt-engine service
> Would you like to stop the ovirt-engine service (yes|no): yes
> Stopping ovirt-engine...                              [ DONE ]
> Editing XML files...                                  [ DONE ]
> Setting DB connectivity...                            [ DONE ]
> Please choose a password for the reports admin user(s) (ovirt-admin):
> Warning: Weak Password.
> Retype password:
> Warning: Weak Password.
> Deploying Server...                                   [ DONE ]
> Updating Redirect Servlet...                          [ DONE ]
> Importing reports...                                  [ DONE ]
> Customizing Server...                                 [ DONE ]
> Running post setup steps...                           [ DONE ]
> Starting ovirt-engine...                              [ DONE ]
> Restarting httpd...                                   [ DONE ]
> Succesfully installed ovirt-engine-reports.
>

> 5) Connect to Reports Portal with ovirt-admin user and verify correct access

Good job. Thanks for the report!

Please, if possible, open relevant bugs as you see fit. E.g. you might
want to claim that if a db user engine_reports exists, setup should not
fail, or at least fail with a clean message.

Do note that in 3.4 the setup of dwh and reports was rewritten from scratch,
and is integrated into engine-setup. I did not play with it yet myself yet.
--
Didi