[Users] Very bad write performance in VM (ovirt 3.3.3)

ml ml mliebherr99 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 7 14:32:44 UTC 2014

Hello List,

i set up a Cluster with 2 Nodes and Glusterfs.

gluster> volume info all

Volume Name: Repl2
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: 8af9b282-8b60-4d71-a0fd-9116b8fdcca7
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: node1.local:/data
Brick2: node2.local:/data
Options Reconfigured:
auth.allow: *
user.cifs: enable
nfs.disable: off

I turned node2 off. Just to make sure i have not network bottle neck and
that it will not replicate for my first benchmarks.

My first test with bonnie on my local raw disk of node1 gave me 130MB/sec
write speed.
Then i did the same test on my cluster dir /data: 130MB/sec
Then i did the write test in a freshly installed Debian 7 vm: 10MB/sec

This is terrible and i wonder why?!

My tests where made with:
bonnie++ -u root -s <double mem) -d <dir>

Here are my bonnie results: http://oi62.tinypic.com/20aara0.jpg

Since node2 is turned off, this cant be a network bottle neck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mario