[Users] Resource question

Dan Yasny dyasny at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 21:32:29 UTC 2014

The limitation is on the host level. It is generally a bad idea to give a
guest more cores than the host physically has, and in your case, that's
closer to 12 than 24 - HT is not a double core technology, it only improves
performance and scheduling by a bit, sometimes not at all.
Depending on what the VMs are doing, you might be able to run multiple VMs
on the host, going to more assigned virtual CPUs than the host has,
distributed among multiple VMs, but never overcommit in a single VM.