[Users] Spice proxy test day support

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Tue Feb 11 16:42:49 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I was testing this feature today and would like to summarize my findings;

1. Feature page
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Spice_Proxy

Quite informative. Nevertheless things we should improve:

- Please add a contact person in case of question / issues (feature owner?).

- Detail design? Nothing mentioned with regards to the implementation. This
  could be in a separate page, but in such a case I'd add a link to that page.

- Missing specific examples. ie- supported protocols:
engine-config -s SpiceProxyDefault=http://my-ip:8080
* Did you know that http is a default if no scheme stated?

All the above should make this cool feature more easy to use by non-developers.

2. Test cases
- System level (using engine-config)
- Cluster level
- VM-Pool level

For each of the above I configured a proxy, and on the proxy machine used:
"nc -l 8080" to capture the traffic.

In all cases things worked quite nicely. I saw incoming connection request
which is what I expected for.

3. All-in-all:
We have the functionality working which is the important part.
Going forward we should try to improve some of the things I mentioned above.

Nice work,
Doron

P.S.
During my tests I managed to open 2 non-related bugs on engine-config and
network QoS mapper (Class cast issue).