[Users] [ovirt-test-day-2] - testing neutron integration - remove external networks

Omer Frenkel ofrenkel at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 12:38:00 UTC 2014

Hi,
I tested $subject,
I have to say i don't know much about networks / neutron,
so maybe some of the issues i encountered are just my fault..

i used pre-configured neutron server (thanks Mike!)
and the beta2 for ovirt-engine, i used the wiki to configure it:
http://www.ovirt.org/Overlay_Networks_with_Neutron_Integration

these are the issues i've seen:

1. add provider is hidden,
since 'system' node in the tree is collapsed by default, i couldn't find it,
the way to add provider should at least be documented in the neutron integration wiki, i had to ask around to find it..

2. add provider dialog: wrong tab indexing -
after entering name, i clicked 'tab' to enter description,
but the focus moved to the 'cancel' button [bug 1064240]
this is pretty minor, but i think its basic usage issue, and probably easy fix.

3. selecting 'Subnet' sub-tab of the imported external network doest show anything,
and creates an error in the engine log [bug 1064231]

Other than that, i was able to create and remove the external network with no issues,
we might need a better (maybe step-by-step?) documentation on configuring this,
as it was not trivial (there are manual steps need to be done on the hosts..)
or, even better, automating everything needed on the host side into host-deploy.

Thanks,
Omer.