[Users] Storage Performance Issue !

Sven Kieske S.Kieske at mittwald.de
Wed Feb 19 12:45:28 UTC 2014

Just as a quick shot:

You really may want to check which IO scheduler runs inside the
vm. you probably want deadline or noop instead of CFQ, which
can have a huge performance impact inside the vms.

you can check the default scheduler with:
dmesg | grep scheduler
you should get an output similar to this:
[    0.841989] io scheduler noop registered
[    0.841990] io scheduler deadline registered (default)
[    0.842028] io scheduler cfq registered

HTH

Am 19.02.2014 12:15, schrieb Itamar Heim:
> On 02/19/2014 10:48 AM, Dafna Ron wrote:
>> Actually, I meant how is the network configured rhevm side?
>> are all vm's writing on rhevm interface?
>> Itamar, Should local storage be used this way in rhevm?
>
> I see no issue using ovirt to manage standalone hosts with their local
> storage.
> network isn't a factor in this case.
> how many spindles on the host? what is the load on the disks you see at
> host level? which vdisk type are you using (ide/virtio-block/virtio-scsi)?
>

>> On 02/19/2014 03:56 AM, Vishvendra Singh Chauhan wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> My network is 1 Gigabit. And i am using my each node in a separate
>>> cluster/DC.
>>>
>>> And memory and processor uses are very low. Means when i run 30 vms
>>> then it's processor uses is 45% and memory uses is 35% around.
>>>

>>> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Dafna Ron <dron at redhat.com
>>> <mailto:dron at redhat.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     what is the network configuration? are you using each host with
>>>     it's own cluster/DC as a local storage host?
>>>     how many hosts are we talking about? what is the memory/cpu
>>>     consumption on the hosts?
>>>

>>>     On 02/18/2014 01:18 AM, Vishvendra Singh Chauhan wrote:
>>>
>>>         Thanks Dafna,
>>>
>>>         I am Using Dell server Just as node, My manager is running on
>>>         other machine. On each node we have 40 vm's running. and all
>>>         most vm's has RHEL6 os. Now the problem about performance of
>>>         vm's, when client is writing the data in vm, they are
>>>         reporting, that they have  very slow speed to write the data.
>>>
>>>         I also feel slow performance at writing speed in the vm's, So
>>>         now please suggest, is any way to improve the writing speed in
>>>         virtual machine's ?.
>>>

>>>         On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Dafna Ron <dron at redhat.com
>>>         <mailto:dron at redhat.com> <mailto:dron at redhat.com
>>>         <mailto:dron at redhat.com>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>             please give more information.
>>>             what do you mean by storage performance?
>>>             how many vm's are you running?
>>>             are you using the Dell as just a host or is engine also
>>>         installed
>>>             on it?
>>>

>>>             On 02/17/2014 03:26 AM, Vishvendra Singh Chauhan wrote:
>>>
>>>                 Hello Group,
>>>
>>>                 Please help me out in storage issue in ovirt.
>>>

>>>                 I am using Dell PowerEdge XD 720 servers, as node in
>>>         Ovirt.
>>>                 Every node has 24TB storage space, so i am using all
>>> this
>>>                 space as the local storage in that.. But still i am
>>>         facing the
>>>                 problem in storgae performance. My guests os are very
>>>         slow to
>>>                 write the data.
>>>

>>>                 So please give me, some tips using them i can increase
>>> the
>>>                 performance in storage.
>>>

>>>                 --         /*Thanks and Regards.*/
>>>                 /*Vishvendra Singh Chauhan*/

>>>             --     Dafna Ron
>>>

>>>         --         /*Thanks and Regards.*/
>>>         /*Vishvendra Singh Chauhan*/
> [...]

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen