[Users] oVirt 3.5 planning

Jonas Israelsson jonas at israelsson.com
Tue Feb 25 10:00:52 UTC 2014

Not sure if this already exist but I have had to help quite a few users
that have only user-permissions to restart their VM if they managed to
hang the OS.
This since they lack the permission to power off the machine, and
shutdown simply is not enough. Giving them more permission can help,
since they
then will have the extended tab with more options including the ability
to power off a VM , this however IMO is overkill since they are then
presented
with a vast number of options such as add disk, nic, networks etc, all
not working since they have no (and should have none)
permission to those objects.

So adding to the basic view in the user portal a power off button and
extending the ordinary user-permission to also include power off I think
would be a good idea.

Rgds Jonas