[Users] python SDK remove VM once the storage is formatted/detached.

karthik S karthik.lubdup at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 21:55:55 UTC 2014

When the storage is formatted, the storage Domain gets down status.

>From UI, when I tried to deactivate the storage domain from the datacenter,
I was asked to remove all the removes first. I could not remove the VM
because the storage domain is in down state. I could not remove the storage
domain (System >> storage domain>> "Remove" ) too. The remove option
remained disabled.

I could only "destory" the storage domain. The storage domain was
destroyed, but the vm which were in "Not Responding" status are still seen.
The destory storaged domain did not destory the vms.

All the above were done using UI. Not sure using ovirtsdk would have made
any diffrence.

Now the only option I have is to remove the stale vms  ("?" vms) by getting
into database.

May be an option in the UI to "remove VM from inventory/database" (and also
ovirtsdk implemention of it).
If there is no existing solution, I can file a bug/ RFE ?

-Karthik