[Users] how to temporarily solve low disk space problem preventing start of VM

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 14:57:18 UTC 2014

Hello,
test cluster with two nodes and GlusterFS DC on f19 and 3.3.2, using
gluster version 3.4.2 from f19 updates-testing repo.
Unfortunately I have only small local disk quite occupied by existing VMs.
About 4Gb free.
I had VMs started and then I shutdown them.
Trying to power on any VM I get:

Error while executing action:

c6s:

Cannot run VM. Low disk space on target Storage Domain gvdata.

On SPM node (node02) that is the only one active I have:

/dev/mapper/fedora-DATA_GLUSTER                 30G   23G  7.8G  75%
/gluster/DATA_GLUSTER
node01.mydomain:gvdata                  30G   26G  4.6G  85%
/rhev/data-center/mnt/glusterSD/node01.mydomain:gvdata

Can I tweak this low disk warning in any way? How does engine make
this kind of check?

Thanks in advance
Gianluca