[Users] Deleting Storage Connection

Elad Ben Aharon ebenahar at redhat.com
Wed Jan 8 14:22:03 UTC 2014

In 3.3 it suppose to work.

Here is how it's done (more detailed):

1) Install Rest-Clien plugin:
https://addons.mozilla.org/he/firefox/addon/restclient/

2) Access your setup using the plugin:
Use GET method in order to get the storage connections. Attaching screenshot(29) so you can see how it should look like.

3) After you get into the storage connection list, You need to find the relevant connection. In order to know which connection to delete, look for the connection path you need to delete. It's specified under the connection. For example:

storage_connection href= "/api/storageconnections/c1b8fe9f-e85b-4146-9a29-227ae845eb6c" id="c1b8fe9f-e85b-4146-9a29-227ae845eb6c">
<address>lion.qa.lab.tlv.redhat.com</address>
<type>nfs</type>
<path>/export/elad/elad16</path>
</storage_connection>

The export path from the nfs server is:
lion.qa.lab.tlv.redhat.com , /export/elad/elad16

Now that you know which connection to remove, use DELETE method and pass the connection you want to remove. It's done by copying the UUID of the connection from the Response box to the URL box. It should look like this:

https://elad-rhevm3.qa.lab.tlv.redhat.com:443/api/storageconnections/d2d13260-9164-4311-bb27-f5a0e09981b7

Also, you'll have to specify the host which will perform the removal. It's done like this:
Under the 'Request' box, add:

<host>
   <name>host_name</name>
 </host>

Last thing you'll have to do is to add a header:

In the top of the screen you have 'Headers' option. Pick 'Custom Header' and specify:

name: Content-Type
value: application/xml

Press SEND.

That should work