[Users] Specifying values for cert, key, and CA for ovirt-shell

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Wed Jan 8 22:08:43 UTC 2014

On 01/08/2014 04:21 PM, Joop wrote:
> Bob Doolittle wrote:

>>> What happens if you leave out the ca_file/key_file/cert_file variables?
>>> I just played around with ovirt-shell and made a .ovirtshellrc file,
>>> on the engine, and don't remember setting these and I could login
>>> and run scripts
>>> Can't access my test environment right now so this is also a shot in
>>> the dark.
>>
>> That's what I tried first. I get:
>> error: server CA certificate file must be specified for SSL secured
>> connection.
>>
>> And if I don't specify https I get:
>> error: No response returned from server. If you're using HTTP protocol
>> against a SSL secured server, then try using HTTPS instead.
>>
> OK. Here is what I did:
> On ovirt-engine: wget https://engine_fqdn/ca.crt --no-check-certificate
> and used the following .ovirtshellrc
>
> [cli]
> autoconnect = True
> autopage = True
> [ovirt-shell]
> username = admin at internal
> timeout = -1
> extended_prompt = False
> url = https://engine_fqdn/api
> insecure = False
> filter = False
> session_timeout = -1
> ca_file = /root/ca.crt
> dont_validate_cert_chain = False
> key_file = None
> password = ******
> cert_file = None

Something must be different about our setups. This is where I started.

In both cases, either "insecure = True" or when I specify the ca_file
only, I get:
error: [401] - Unauthorized, HTTP Status 401

The one difference is that you are using "ca_file = /root/ca.crt"
whereas I am using "ca_file = ca.pem".

I can't seem to find any .crt files in the /etc/pki/ovirt-engine area
(or, for that matter, in the /etc/pki/vdsm area on the node).

Thanks,
    Bob