[Users] VSDM´s logrotate makes Hosts fill up var eventually

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 13:21:17 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 2:04 PM, Markus Stockhausen wrote:
>> Ah man, now I see it, it´s not rotating the right file, look:
>> # grep libvirtd /etc/logrotate.d/libvirtd
>> /var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log {
>> # grep libvirtd.log /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf
>> log_outputs="1:file:/var/log/libvirtd.log"
>>
>> Bug?
>
> I would say no - at least for Fedora 19 nodes.
> In our environment (3.3.2) /var/log/libvirtd.log
> does not exist and everything is smoothly
> rotating in directory /var/log/libvirt
>
> Maybe /var/log/libvirtd.log is an old file?
>
> Markus

In its default config for my f19 nodes, the logging section of
libvirtd is empty and no other customization in
/etc/sysconfig/libvirtd regaridng log files; so based on log location
and contents, it seems it defaults to "debug" level, such as:

log_outputs="1:file:/var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log"

So you can comment out your line or put the one above.
Or put other numerical numbers if you want a different level:
#    1: DEBUG
#    2: INFO
#    3: WARNING
#    4: ERROR