[Users] noVNC with intermediate certificates

Markus Stockhausen stockhausen at collogia.de
Fri Jan 10 20:47:09 UTC 2014

Hello,

after configuring noVNC websocket proxy I would like to load
an offically signed certificate into it. Otherwise I would always
have to accept the self signed certificate on port 6100. See here:

http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-October/017108.html

>From the configuration file I know where to place the signed
certificate but our generated certificates depend on intermediate
certificates. Ah the moment I'm missing the option to load/advertise
that intermediate certificate.

# cat /ovirt-engine/ovirt-websocket-proxy.conf.d/10-setup.conf
PROXY_PORT=6100
SSL_CERTIFICATE=/etc/pki/ovirt-engine/certs/websocket-proxy.cer
SSL_KEY=/etc/pki/ovirt-engine/keys/websocket-proxy.key.nopass
FORCE_DATA_VERIFICATION=True
CERT_FOR_DATA_VERIFICATION=/etc/pki/ovirt-engine/certs/engine.cer
SSL_ONLY=True

In apache I usally go with:

SSLCertificateFile /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/certs/apache.cer
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/keys/apache.key.nopass
SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/certs/server-chain.crt

Any tips?

Markus