[Users] Showing stacktrace info in GUI error dialog

Einav Cohen ecohen at redhat.com
Tue Jan 14 16:23:34 UTC 2014

Hi, this is about patch [1] - showing server-side-exception
stacktrace info in GUI error dialog.

a couple of notes about this patch:

(1) I find it a little strange that server-side exceptions
are not logged in the server side and are / will be displayed
only on the client-side - this needs to be fixed first.

(2) once everything is logged on the server side, we can
debate whether it makes sense to put the full exception
stack-trace *also* in the GUI error pop-up.
I think that it is not completely necessary (since if there
is a server side exception, the user is likely to go to the
server side log anyway to get the full picture / context), but
if it is (and I'd like to hear your opinion about that) - we
shouldn't show the entire exception in the dialog once the dialog
is displayed - that's too much information to absorb.
We should show whatever we are showing today, and also something
like a "More Details" collapsible section (collapsed by default)
that, when expanded, displays the full exception details.

comments are welcome.

----
Thanks,
Einav