[Users] Horrid performance during disk I/O

Blaster Blaster at 556nato.com
Tue Jan 14 21:38:08 UTC 2014

On 1/14/2014 11:04 AM, Andrew Cathrow wrote:
> Did you compare virtio-block to virto-scsi, the former will likely
> outperform the latter.

No, but I have been meaning to, out of curiosity.

But why do you say virto-blk will be faster than virtio-scsi?  The
virtio-scsi wiki claims equal performance.

I've been trying to get some real numbers of the performance differences
using iozone, but the numbers are all over the place, both on the HV and
the guests, so not very meaningful.   Not an iozone expert, so still
trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong there as well.