[Users] New user to oVirt, and I haz a sad so far...

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Fri Jan 17 14:12:20 UTC 2014

Hi Will,

Great to see you on the users list! (well, not great to see the content,
but you know what I mean...)

On 01/17/2014 05:08 AM, Will Dennis (Live.com) wrote:
> So I have no idea on how to proceed now, and what methods I can use to try
> and debug the connectivity problem between the engine and node. And there's
> many miles to go in setting up the whole environment. Maaaaaybe OpenStack
> would be easier ;-P  No, I will press on and try to get this thing
> working... It seems it works for others, and looks like the right fit for
> the job. Just wish it was easier to get up and running.
>
> Oh yes, I tried reading the docs - go to
> http://www.ovirt.org/Quick_Start_Guide#Install_Hosts and click on the link
> for "see the oVirt Node deployment documentation." Not too helpful... (Bug
> report has been opened.)
>
> Thanks for reading, and any clues on getting a node up and running
> gratefully accepted...

I have had success setting up CentOS 6.5 minimal in nodes, configuring
network, and then adding the node through the management interface - the
Engine takes care of installing & configuring the nodes.

Have you tried this?

Incidentally, you can also have Node images deployed via PXE boot (this
seems orthogonal to your issue, though): http://www.ovirt.org/Node_PXE

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13