[Users] VM MAC-Ranges and setting custom MACs via API

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Sat Jan 18 15:08:33 UTC 2014

On 01/17/2014 11:52 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 01/06/2014 10:02 AM, Sven Kieske wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> thanks for your answers so far, Omer provided me already with an example
>> of the changed properties:
>>> deleteProtected turns into delete_protected
>>
>> is there a complete list somewhere?
>> this would be helpful to maintain our code and to prevent errors
>> when we upgrade to 3.4. somewhere in time.
>>
>> Do these changes just occur for json or also for other APIs?
>
> my understanding this is only for json - part of making it supported and
> well behaved.

We are making this change in order to use exactly the same names in the
XML and JSON representations. The change only affects the JSON
representation, and it basically means that the names used in JSON will
use underscores to separate words instead of changes in case. For
example, instead of "deleteProtected" you will get "delete_protected",
instead of "keyboardLayout" you will get "keyboard_layout", so on.

In general, if you want to know what will be the new name, you can look
at the current XML representation, the names used in the JSON
representation will be exactly the same.

>> Am 05.01.2014 22:19, schrieb Itamar Heim:
>>> some property name changes will happen (juan can provide more details).

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain