[Users] virt-v2v: too many IDE bus:

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Mon Jan 20 10:16:09 UTC 2014

On 19/01/14 14:07, Markus Stockhausen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we are currently encountering the above error during virt-v2v
> migration. There was an older post about it here:
> http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-December/018379.html
>
> The answers suggest that this is already fixed upstream
> and that you only need virt-v2v for OS disks. Could someone,
> explain
>
> - how to migrate only the OS disk and to dd the data disks.
> - if there exist any offical patches to fix the bug.

Unfortunately it isn't fixed upstream. The only current workaround is to
edit GuestfsHandle.pm on the machine running virt-v2v. Change:

            $g->add_drive_opts($path,
                               format => $format,
                               iface => $interface,
                               name => $name);

to:

            $g->add_drive_opts($path,
                               format => $format,
                               name => $name);

and:

        # Add the transfer iso if there is one
        $g->add_drive_opts($transfer,
                           format => 'raw', iface => $interface,
readonly => 1)
            if defined($transfer);

to:

        # Add the transfer iso if there is one
        $g->add_drive_opts($transfer,
                           format => 'raw', readonly => 1)
            if defined($transfer);

However, this is known to cause problems when converting guests running
older versions of RHEL (RHEL 3 and possibly 4).

Matt

--
Matthew Booth, RHCA, RHCSS

GPG ID:  D33C3490
GPG FPR: 3733 612D 2D05 5458 8A8A 1600 3441 EA19 D33C 3490