[Users] novnc console button/ticket via REST-API?

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 14:03:06 UTC 2014

On Jan 21, 2014, at 13:09 , Sven Kieske <S.Kieske at mittwald.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 21.01.2014 12:22, schrieb Michal Skrivanek:
>> setting the ticket is a VM's action "ticket"
>> after that you can spawn your client and connect to the desired host/port you get from VM display's address, secureport
>
> well it's cool I can set the ticket, but the "client" would be novnc in
> our case, so there is no way to get the actual url for this ticket for
> novnc with REST?

there are two steps
you get the password via ticket action (which enables/opens the connection for those 120s window)
you get the display details from VM's properties (host, port)
and then you can connect.

for novnc you'd need to use websocket proxy in addition so you need to get the proxy address from engine-config

Thanks,
michal