[Users] Error when trying to create a new ISO storage domain

Willard Dennis willarddennis at live.com
Tue Jan 21 18:11:25 UTC 2014

Thanks for the response, Dafna...

> vdsm is using mount command.
> please look at vdsm log and find the mount command that is failing and
> run it manually to see the mount trace.
>
> you can also attach the vdsm log here and we can try to find it :)
>
> Dafna

Just needed a clue where to look, thanks :)
I see that the mount cmd is being invoked with sudo, and that's how it works for the user vdsm --/usr/bin/sudo -n /bin/mount -t nfs -o soft,nosharecache,timeo=600,retrans=6,nfsvers=3 stordevfs.nec-labs.com:/volumes/storage/ovirt-isos /rhev/data-center/mnt/stordevfs.nec-labs.com:_volumes_storage_ovirt-isos
And then the resulting error I'm getting:MountError: (32, ';mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting stordevfs.nec-labs.com:/volumes/storage/ovirt-isos\n')
...which correlates with the output of the nfs-check.py script.
So, I will have to debug on the Illumos side as to why I don't seem to have the needed perm's; but, in the meantime, I did set up a NFS share on a CentOS 6.4 box I have available, following directions on  http://www.ovirt.org/Troubleshooting_NFS_Storage_Issues , and it does work fine from there.
Thanks for your assistance!
Best,Will