[Users] Centos 6.5 and bonding: "A slave interface is not properly configured"

Federico Alberto Sayd fsayd at uncu.edu.ar
Wed Jan 22 16:57:35 UTC 2014

On 22/01/14 12:13, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 07:43:52AM +0000, Karli Sjöberg wrote:
>> On Tue, 2014-01-21 at 21:22 -0300, Federico Sayd wrote:
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> I am having problems with bonding
>>>
>>> I have installed Centos 6.5 in order to use it as host. I configured
>>> eth0 with the vlan of the management network (Vlan 70). Then I
>>> registered the host to the engine (3.3.2-1-el6) and the engine
>>> installed oVirt in the host without problem.  Ovirtmgmt was created
>>> automatically and bridged with eth0.70.
>>>
>>> Now I need to bond a second network interface (eth1) with eth0. But
>>> when I try to bond the nics, I get the next error:
>>>
>>> "A slave interface is not properly configured. Please verify slaves do
>>> not contain any of the following properties: network name, boot
>>> protocol, IP address, netmask, gateway or vlan-ID notation (as part of
>>> interface's name or explicitly)"
> Federico, where exactly do you get this error? Would you attach the
> setupNetwork log from supervdsmd.log?
I get the error in the setup-network dialog in ovirt-engine.

Today I solved the issue copying the network config of other host (same
hardware), and it worked.

The supervdsm.log whith the lines logged yesterday:

http://pastebin.com/kpXrRd2w

It would be nice if the error could be more explicit, i.e. telling the
ifcfg-* that are conflictive.

Thanks

>>> I delete any unnecessary parameters from ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1.
>>>
>>> This is my network config:
>>>
>>> ifcfg-eth0:
>>> DEVICE=eth0
>>> TYPE=Ethernet
>>> ONBOOT=yes
>>>
>>> ifcfg-eth1:
>>> DEVIC E=eth1
>>> TYPE=Ethernet
>>> ONBOOT=yes
>>>
>>> ifcfg-eth0.70:
>>> # Generated by VDSM version 4.13.2-1.el6
>>> DEVICE=eth0.70
>>> ONBOOT=yes
>>> VLAN=yes
>>> BRIDGE=ovirtmgmt
>>> NM_CONTROLLED=no
>>> STP=no
>>>
>>> ifcfg-ovirtmgmt:
>>> # Generated by VDSM version 4.13.2-1.el6
>>> DEVICE=ovirtmgmt
>>> ONBOOT=yes
>>> TYPE=Bridge
>>> DELAY=0