[Users] another networking question: ssh to VM with private dhcp addr

Robert Story rstory at tislabs.com
Thu Jan 23 05:21:01 UTC 2014

Hello,

I've got oVirt 3.3.x all-in-one up and running on CentOS 6.3. The IP
address on the ovirtmgmt bridge is static/public. I have not done any
additional network/VLAN configuration.  If I create a VM and give it an
address on the same subnet, I can ssh to it just fine.

If I create a VM and let it use dhcp, it gets a 172.31.x.x address.
Outgoing access works fine, but I can't figure out what to do to allow me
to be able to ssh into those VMs.  With straight KVM the VM private network
was on a virtual interface on the host, making it easy. But I can't figure
out how to do it with oVirt.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Robert