[Users] [vdsm] ovirtmgmt vanishes after reboot

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Tue Jan 28 21:47:17 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 11:27:21AM -0300, Francisco Pérez wrote:
>  Im setting up two networks. ovirtmgmt and a LAN. Both of them are gone
> after reboot on the node, its starts only with eth0 initial configuration.
>
> Antoni, here are the outputs you requested:
>
> [root at ovirth1 ~]# /etc/init.d/vdsmd status
> VDS daemon server is running
> [root at ovirth1 ~]# service vdsmd status
> VDS daemon server is running
> [root at ovirth1 ~]# virsh -r net-list
> setlocale: No such file or directory
> Name                 State      Autostart     Persistent
> ;vdsmdummy;          active     no            no
>
> [root at ovirth1 ~]# ls /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
> ifcfg-eth0   ifdown-eth   ifdown-post    ifdown-tunnel  ifup-eth
> ifup-plip   ifup-routes    init.ipv6-global        route-LAN
> ifcfg-lo     ifdown-ippp  ifdown-ppp     ifup           ifup-ippp
>  ifup-plusb  ifup-sit       net.hotplug             route-ovirtmgmt
> ifdown       ifdown-ipv6  ifdown-routes  ifup-aliases   ifup-ipv6
>  ifup-post   ifup-tunnel    network-functions       rule-LAN
> ifdown-bnep  ifdown-isdn  ifdown-sit     ifup-bnep      ifup-isdn  ifup-ppp
>    ifup-wireless  network-functions-ipv6  rule-ovirtmgmt
>
> Dan those command are excecuted where? on the manager or the node? Im new
> at this and the logs are a little overwhelming so if you help me to
> interpret them i'll apreciate them. I have attached the whole log directory
> /var/log/vdsm/
> >
> > Could you share vdsm.log and supervdsm.log? When you set up ovirtmgmt,
> > as setupNetworks command should be visible there. Later, on "save", a
> > call to setSafeNetworkConfig is sent, which is expected to persist your
> > network configuration.
> >
> > Is it visible? Is it successful?

Your supervdsmd has

    MainProcess|Thread-26::DEBUG::2014-01-27 15:51:48,866::configNetwork::561::Storage.Misc.excCmd::(setSafeNetworkConfig) '/usr/share/vdsm/vdsm-store-net-config' (cwd None)

which reports success, too.

> > What do you see in the logs post boot? Can you tell whether
> > the vdsm-restore-net-config.init server was run? (its job is to revert
> > unsaved network config changes on non-ovirt-nodes).

Maybe you can debug the issue:
Setup up a network but do not save it yet.
Log into your ovirt-node.

You should see /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<YOURNET>
and /var/lib/vdsm/netconfback/ifcfg-<YOURNET>, the
latter meaning that it's not yet persisted.

Now run locally
  vdsClient -s 0 setSafeNetworkConfig

You should see /config/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<YOURNET>
created, and /var/lib/vdsm/netconfback/ifcfg-<YOURNET> gone.

Now please run
    /usr/share/vdsm/vdsm-restore-net-config
which should do absolutely nothing.

If the process above breaks, it's a Vdsm bug. If not, it most probably
something in ovirt-node.