[Users] engine-backup restore how to

Steve Dainard sdainard at miovision.com
Thu Jan 30 05:44:01 UTC 2014

I also see this error in engine.log which repeats every second if I am
trying to access the web ui.

2014-01-29 18:59:47,531 ERROR [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.Backend]
(ajp--127.0.0.1-8702-4) Error in getting DB connection. The database is
inaccessible. Original exception is: UncategorizedSQLException:
CallableStatementCallback; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [{call
checkdbconnection()}]; SQL state [25P02]; error code [0]; ERROR: current
transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block;
nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: current
transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

It looks like the db inserted correctly, I took a quick look through some
tables and can see the valid admin user, and snapshots. But I can't say for
certain.

The IP address of the new server does not match the IP of the old (backup
file) server, would this have any impact? I would think not as its a local
db.

When I changed the password for the psql engine user, is there any config
file this is referenced in that may not have been updated?

Thanks,

*Steve Dainard *
IT Infrastructure Manager
Miovision <http://miovision.com/> | *Rethink Traffic*
519-513-2407 ex.250
877-646-8476 (toll-free)

*Blog <http://miovision.com/blog>  |  **LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/miovision-technologies>  |  Twitter
<https://twitter.com/miovision>  |  Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/miovision>*
 Miovision Technologies Inc. | 148 Manitou Drive, Suite 101, Kitchener, ON,
Canada | N2C 1L3
This e-mail may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any
attachments and notify us immediately.