[ovirt-users] Glusterfs HA with Ovirt

Darrell Budic darrell.budic at zenfire.com
Thu Jul 3 20:12:59 UTC 2014

You need to setup a virtual IP to use as the mount point, most people use keepalived to provide a virtual ip via vrrp for this. Setup something like 10.10.10.10 and use that for your mounts.

Right now, if 10.10.10.2 goes away, all your gluster mounts go away and your VMs get paused because the hypervisors can’t access the storage. Your gluster storage is still fine, but ovirt can’t talk to it because 10.10.10.2 isn’t there.

If the SPM goes down, it the other hypervisor hosts will elect a new one (under control of the ovirt engine).

Same scenarios if storage & compute are on the same server, you still need a vip address for the storage portion to serve as the mount point so it’s not dependent on any one server.

-Darrell