[ovirt-users] Memory and swap issue

Jeff Clay jeffclay at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 23:24:11 UTC 2014

I'm getting the following error trying to start a VM. I have 64 gb of RAM
on this host. I got this error once before and found that my swap partition
was only 2gb or so. I increased the swap size to 124GB and the problem went
away. Below is the error when trying to start a VM and below that is what
my output from "free -g". I don't see why I'm getting a swap file error
when there's plenty of it available.

   - Cannot run VM. Host swap percentage is above the defined threshold.
   - Check your configuration parameters for Host Swap Percentage.
   - Cannot run VM. There is no host that satisfies current scheduling
   constraints. See below for details:
   - The host USARPAOVRTHOST02 did not satisfy internal filter Memory.

[root at usarpaovrthost02 ~]# free -g
Mem:            62         62          0          0          0         12
-/+ buffers/cache:         50         12
Swap:          123         12        110
[root at usarpaovrthost02 ~]#
[root at usarpaovrthost02 ~]#
[root at usarpaovrthost02 ~]# swapon -s
Filename                                Type            Size    Used
Priority
/dev/dm-1                               partition       129490936
12811000        -1
[root at usarpaovrthost02 ~]#