[ovirt-users] Hacking in Ceph rather then Gluster.

Samuli Heinonen samppah at neutraali.net
Tue Jun 10 18:45:32 UTC 2014

Hi Nathan,

We have been running GlusterFS 3.4 with RHEV in production for about six months now. We were waiting for libgfapi support to show up for long time but finally we had to give up waiting and start using fuse mounts. Everything has been good so far and we haven't seen any big issues with GlusterFS. We even had hardware problems on one of the storage nodes but RHEV and GlusterFS survived through that without problems.

Our setup is rather small and it has only 4 compute nodes and 2 storage nodes. Of course we expect it to grow but biggest issue for us is that we are bit uncertain how many VM's we can run on it without affecting too much performance.

We are also looking at possibility of creating 3-6 node clusters where each node is acting as compute and storage node as well. Hopefully we will have test setup running in about week.

What kind of issues you have had with GlusterFS?

-samuli