[ovirt-users] Host cannot access Storage Domain.

Nathan Llaneza ntllaneza573 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 13:39:12 UTC 2014

Hello All,

I have recently had the pleasure of testing oVirt 3.4.2 in our network. I
have two hypervisors running a HA hosted engine and four Gluster servers.
The four Gluster servers run two separate replicated storage domains. After
a fresh install everything seemed to work, but when I rebooted Gluster
server #4 it would not move to the UP state. After some investigation I
realized that the glusterd daemon was not set to start upon boot. My
resolution was to run "chkconfig glusterd on && service glusterd start".
Now I encountered a new error. The server keeps moving from an UP status to
DOWN status and vice versa. This seems to be the related error message in
/var/log/messages:

"Jun 24 07:59:59 CTI-SAN06 vdsm vds ERROR vdsm exception
occured#012Traceback (most recent call last):#012  File
"/usr/share/vdsm/BindingXMLRPC.py", line 1070, in wrapper#012    res =
f(*args, **kwargs)#012  File "/usr/share/vdsm/gluster/api.py", line 54, in
wrapper#012    rv = func(*args, **kwargs)#012  File
"/usr/share/vdsm/gluster/api.py", line 240, in hostsList#012    return
{'hosts': self.svdsmProxy.glusterPeerStatus()}#012  File
"/usr/share/vdsm/supervdsm.py", line 50, in __call__#012    return
callMethod()#012  File "/usr/share/vdsm/supervdsm.py", line 48, in
<lambda>#012    **kwargs)#012  File "<string>", line 2, in
glusterPeerStatus#012  File
"/usr/lib64/python2.6/multiprocessing/managers.py", line 740, in
_callmethod#012    raise convert_to_error(kind,
result)#012GlusterCmdExecFailedException: Command execution
failed#012error: Connection failed. Please check if gluster daemon is
operational.#012return code: 1".

The last line seems to be a dead giveaway "Please check if gluster daemon
is operational". When I run "server glusterd status" it prints "glusterd
(pid  xxxxx) is running...".

So I did some Internet searches and found this bug
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/23982/, but it says that it has been fixed. So
I thought maybe my packages are out of date. Furthermore I updated my
packages using "yum -y update". All my Gluster servers are showing that
they are running Gluster 3.5.0. I am still having no success getting my
fourth Gluster server to remain in the UP state.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!