[ovirt-users] Is this kind of VM replication possible using oVirt Schedular

Gilad Chaplik gchaplik at redhat.com
Thu Jun 26 12:53:27 UTC 2014

Hi Kausik,

If I understand correctly your question, we do support this flow.
In case of failure we migrate highly available VMs to other hosts, but note that there could be a connectivity problem between engine an node, and node can still communicate with the storage,
so to avoid that (split brain) you need to have PM configured for that node, or manually confirm that the host has rebooted.

We even added a feature lately (3.4's HA reservation [1]) that indicates whether your HA VMs have enough resources in cluster in case of a node failure.

Thanks,
Gilad.

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/Features/HA_VM_reservation