[ovirt-users] Spam Cluster Polcies

Maurice James mjames at media-node.com
Thu Jun 26 22:20:23 UTC 2014

Can someone explain the cluster policies to me? The explanation at http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Even_VM_Count_Distribution is not quite clicking for me.

    * HighVMSCount - Maximum VM limit. Exceeding it qualifies the host as overloaded. ( Understood )
    * MigrationThreshold - defines a buffer before we start migrating VMs from the host ( Not quite grasping. If my High limit is 5 does this mean that it will only begin to move VMs when the count reaches 10? )
    * SPMVMCountGrace - defines how many slots for VMs should be reserved on SPM hosts (the SPM host should have less load than others, so this variable defines how many VM less it should have) ( Does this mean that if I have a host with only 3 VMs the SPM will 3 VMs minus the SpmWmGrace? Or is this HighVmCount minus SpmVmGrace count?)