[Users] method "glusterHostsList" is not supported

René Koch rkoch at linuxland.at
Mon Mar 3 17:26:48 UTC 2014

Hi list,

My hosted engine is running again, so I want to start a new thread for
another issue with my setup.

I have a GlusterFS storage domain, which can be mounted from CLI without
problems. oVirt is 3.4 from ovirt-3.4.0-prerelease repository running on
CentOS 6.5 with latest updates (both OS and oVirt).

Both hosts, which act as hypervisors and GlusterFS nodes are in state
"Non Operational" in oVirt because "Gluster command [Non interactive
user] failed on server ovirt-host02.dmz.linuxland.at."

In engine.log I see the entry "glusterHostList is not supported"
(attached are the log entries when activating one of the hosts):

2014-03-03 18:17:11,764 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.gluster.GlusterServersListVDSCommand]
(org.ovirt.thread.pool-6-thread-21) [6eee3cbd] Command
GlusterServersListVDSCommand(HostName = ovirt-host02.dmz.linuxland.at,
HostId = dd399eeb-f623-457a-9986-a7efc69010b2) execution failed.
Exception: VDSNetworkException: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: <type
'exceptions.Exception'>:method "glusterHostsList" is not supported

Can you give me a hint what this means and how I can activate my hosts
and storage again?
Thanks a lot!

--
Best Regards