[Users] Importing Glance images as oVirt templates

Oved Ourfalli ovedo at redhat.com
Wed Mar 5 06:13:54 UTC 2014

Hi all!

In oVirt 3.4 we extended the integration with Glance, allowing to import Glance images as oVirt templates.
We also added a public Glance repository to be used by oVirt deployments.
A reference to this repository is automatically added in 3.4, so you'll see it in the UI by default, under the name "ovirt-image-repository". This repository currently contains only a small set of images, but we hope to extend it soon.
The right way to use the Fedora and CentOS images that are there is to import them as templates, create VMs from them, and use cloud-init to configure them.

I wrote a blog post on how to use it.
Have a look at http://ovedou.blogspot.co.il/2014/03/importing-glance-images-as-ovirt.html

Will be happy to hear your comments and answer your questions,
Oved