[Users] [GSOC][Gerrit] add potential reviewers - questions

Maor Lipchuk mlipchuk at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 20:08:09 UTC 2014

On 03/11/2014 05:20 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 03/11/2014 05:14 PM, Eyal Edri wrote:

I think it could be done automatically by analysing the file and see who
mostly changed it recently, since the "owner" of the file might be
dynamic, who ever changed most of it few days ago might be more familiar
with it today

IMO the algorithm of adding the reviewers should be flexible.
For example, using a folder which will contain files, where each file
implement an algorithm to add the reviewers.

for instance we can have two files:
1. Add a reviewers by blame - the contributor which changed recently the
code lines
2. Add a reviewers by file - the contributor who changed most of the
file recently.

Each file will implement the functional operation and will output the
reviewers emails.

The user can then add a new algorithm or change it to be more specific
to its project.
for example the user can add also the maintainers which acked the patch
that was blamed.