[Users] oVirt 3.3.3 - Migration failures

LANGE Thomas thomas.lange at thalesgroup.com
Wed Mar 12 13:52:28 UTC 2014

Hi !

I am testing all the functionalities of oVirt for work and I have some issues regarding live migration.
Here's my configuration:

-       pc001 : CentOS 6.5 minimal with VDSM (4.13.3-3.el6)

-       pc002 : CentOS 6.5 minimal with VDSM (4.13.3-3.el6) and ovirt-engine (3.3.3-2.el6)

-       pc003 : CentOS 6.5 with VDSM (4.13.3-3.el6)
All these servers are in the same cluster and datacenter is using NFS for storage.

Here's my problem : I have one VM (called Debian) running on a specific host (pc003.lan). I try to migrate it to another host (pc001.lan) but the migration fails. As a result, the VM is still running on pc003 and the number of running VMs on this host is still the same; but I can see one more VM running on the host pc001. It does the same thing with other VMs (mavm1, mavm2, mavm3, Debian2....). At the end, the administration portal tells me I have 7VMs running on host pc001, 4 on pc002 and 3 on pc001; I have only 7 VMs , not 14.

>From now, some errors keep showing up in the log (see attachment). It says that migrations are still running but I cannot cancel them in the administration portal and they never stop/succeed/fail. This problem occurred some time after I enabled quotas in the Datacenter but I don't know if it's related in any way. If I reboot pc001, the number of running VM is reset to 0, but any attempt to migrate a VM to this host does the same thing again. Also, restarting the engine did not fix this issue.

Does anyone have an idea about what's happening ? I'm new with oVirt and I don't know what to do to solve this.

Thanks for your help !

Regards,

Thomas LANGÉ