[Users] adding scripts

Einav Cohen ecohen at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 19:51:52 UTC 2014

if you are trying to hook into UI-specific events, it sounds
like you will need to write an oVirt UI Plugin [1] in order to
do that. However, I believe that the oVirt UI Plugins
infrastructure doesn't support hooking to events such as "tab
x was selected" and/or "button b was clicked".
It does allow you to add new (custom) tabs/sub-tabs/buttons of
your own, and there is a chance that it allows you to hook
into events such as 'row x was selected in the grid'.

@Vojtech will know better. Vojtech?

if you are trying to hook into engine events (e.g. you want to
run a script every time a VM is started in oVirt, no matter if
the user started it by clicking the 'run' button in the oVirt-
engine webadmin, or invoked a REST API request, or an SDK
command), then it will require some sort of an "engine-plugin"
infrastructure that we don't have at the moment AFAIK.
there is a chance that for some of the events you will be able
to utilize the VDSM hooks (at the Host level) [2].

----
Thanks,
Einav

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/Features/UIPlugins