[Users] adding scripts

Einav Cohen ecohen at redhat.com
Sun Mar 16 18:04:43 UTC 2014

may I ask what is the general purpose of these buttons that you
would like to add and where (in the GUI) would you like to add
them?

if you would like to add buttons to existing main-tab(s) / sub-
tab(s), the way to go is to write a UI Plugin that does that
(especially if you intend these buttons to do something very
specific for your needs).

If you would like to add these buttons elsewhere, you will
need to follow Greg's instructions and dig into the code for
the specific needed location.

> I want to commit changes to the engine...

note that we can push into the code only things that make sense
to include in oVirt (i.e. things that will be useful for typical
oVirt users); again, if these buttons will do something very
specific for your own needs, you should definitely utilize the
UI Plugins infrastructure instead.

> ... and make few tweaks for personal use...

if these tweaks are in the "branding" area (i.e. if you want to
change main color themes, top-left image on the top banner, etc),
then writing your own branding [1] is the way to go [you can
override only part of the branding (depending on what you would
like to tweak), you don't actually need to come up with a
complete alternative branding].

----
Thanks,
Einav