[Users] Clone from Snapshot

Eli Mesika emesika at redhat.com
Thu Mar 20 10:58:30 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Just pasting here code given by Juan H for Java SDK to perform that :

You will need something like this:

    // Find the original VM:
    VM vm = api.getVMs().get("myvm");

    // Find the cluster where the cloned VM will be created:
    Cluster cluster = vm.getCluster();

    // Populate the parameters to create the snapshot:
    Snapshot snapshot = new Snapshot();
    snapshot.setDescription("My snapshot");

    // Send the request to create the snapshot. Note that you need the
    // returned snapshot object in order to have the id assigned to
    // that snapshot by the system.
    snapshot = vm.getSnapshots().add(snapshot);
    String id = snapshot.getId();
    UUID uuid = UUID.fromString(id);

    // Wait till the snapshot creation is completed:
    for ( {
        snapshot = vm.getSnapshots().get(uuid);
        if (!"locked".equals(snapshot.getSnapshotStatus())) {
            break;
        }
        Thread.sleep(1 * 1000);
    }

    // Populate the parameters to create the cloned VM:
    VM clone = new VM(null);
    clone.setName("myclone");
    clone.setCluster(cluster);
    Snapshots snapsshots = new Snapshots();
    snapsshots.getSnapshots().add(snapshot);
    clone.setSnapshots(snapsshots);

    // Send the request to create the cloned VM:
    api.getVMs().add(clone);