[Users] Cloud-init for Windows

Tejesh M tejeshmk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 09:33:44 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I was doing google to see if i can set Hostname,Password & IP details for
Windows server from RHEV-M. I got to know that we can create VM Payload &
send that to Windows VM (installed with Cloud-init)

Refer this link
http://www.cloudbase.it/cloud-init-for-windows-instances/#comment-9411

Cloud-init expects Meta-data & User-Data file to be sent either via Config
Drive or via HTTP. I'm trying to achive this via ConfigDrive (created using
VM Payload).

But i'm wondering what should be the format of this two files (Meta-data &
User-data). Have any1  tried this? If yes, would request to share sample
for both the files with setting Hostname, Password & IP details.

Java code:

  org.ovirt.engine.sdk.decorators.VM vm1 =  api.getVMs().get(vmName);
              Payloads payloads = new Payloads();
              Payload payload = new Payload();
              payload.setType("cdrom");

              Files payloadFiles = new Files();
              File payloadFile = new File();
              payloadFile.setName("meta-data.txt");
              payloadFile.setContent("hostname:"+vmName);
              payloadFiles.getFiles().add(payloadFile);
              payload.setFiles(payloadFiles);
              vm1.setPayloads(payloads);
              Action action = new Action();
              vm1.start(action);